Junior UI Developer
DescriptionHuddle is looking for a talented, motivated and enthusiastic Junior UI Developer to join its engineering team. This role is based at our office directly outside Aldgate East station.
About the role
The Huddle engineering team are multi-talented individuals. We blend technical knowledge and collaborative processes to ensure the best software solutions.
At Huddle we take pride in the features we deliver and the way in which we solve customer problems with our platform.
As a Junior UI Developer you’d be expected to:
- Work closely with the User Experience team to implement designs using CSS, HTML and JS with exquisite attention to detail
- Pair with our team of developers to help design and build high quality solutions in line with our department standards and strategy.
- Help the team to monitor performance, throughput and error reports of our software solutions, following a DevOps culture.
- Be involved with programming exercises to help research and validate technical approaches.
- You are enthusiastic about creating software, and keen to learn new languages, approaches and techniques. Maybe you have a private project, contribute to Open Source or have a college/university project that you are really proud of.
- You are organised, and enjoy the prospect of contributing to the growth of a global cloud-based business.
- You enjoy working within a team to build, learn, deliver and succeed together.
- Like us, you are enthusiastic, driven, and motivated by continual improvement.
What we look for above all else is talent, culture fit and a drive to continually improve your technical proficiency. We strongly believe that the best canditates learn quickly, regardless of experience. If you can bring those three core traits to the table, we’ll help you fill in the gaps.
About the Team
We work in a multi-skilled team at the heart of Huddle’s engineering process, working side-by-side with Architects, Product Management, Systems Engineers, QA Engineers and UX Designers to ensure a consistently top class product is delivered to our customers.
At Huddle we have a jukebox playing in the background, gather around colourful stand up boards and demo our changes in our stylish auditorium.
We value the social aspect of the workspace - there’s burger club, cheese club, monthly release celebrations, team lunches, breakfast on Mondays, lunch on Wednesdays and beer o’clock on Fridays.
We are responsible adults from all walks of life, who enjoy our jobs and our lives outside work. We encourage everyone to take care of themselves, their colleagues and their families.